Reproductive Health Materials Working Group New Materials and Works in Progress January 26, 1996
Population Reference Bureau
- The World of Women (Audio Cassette)
A 30-minute radio program featuring highlights of conversations with 13 influential women from around the world. They speak about women’s education, reproductive health and empowerment, and the critical role that women play in families and communities worldwide. The program includes interviews with First Lady Nana Rawling of Ghana, Prime Minister Gro Harlem Brundtland of Norway, Gertrude Mongella of Tanzania, and First Lady Hillary Rodham Clinton of the U.S.A. February 1996.
- Male Responsibility in Today’s Africa (Audio Cassette)
In this 54-minute radio program, four professional men from Kenya, Malawi, Mauritania, and Nigeria discuss the changing role of men in their respective countries from an African perspective. The informal discussion sheds special insight on male attitudes toward women and family planning. The host is Georges Collinet, a well-known radio personality from Cameroon. February 1996.
- The World’s Youth 1996 (Wallchart)
An update of PRB’s popular 1994 youth data sheet, this wallchart presents 13 demographic indicators on youth around the world. The reverse side discusses issues such as contraceptive use, education and fertility, sexually transmitted diseases, and programs designed for young people. Spring/Summer 1996.
- The Forgotten Half: Men’s Involvement in Family Planning (Working Title)
This booklet contains a series of charts with brief text highlighting the major findings on male attitudes toward and practice of family planning in Africa, drawn from Demographic and Health Surveys and other sources. Spring/Summer 1996.
- Poster on Male Involvement in Family Life – a companion piece to PRB’s popular full- color poster on women’s reproductive health, entitled “What Legacy Do They Share?” Spring/Summer 1996.